

MINUTES OF MEETING
REUNION EAST
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT

The Regular Meeting of the Board of Supervisors of the Reunion East Community Development District was held on Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. at the Heritage Crossing Community Center, 7715 Heritage Crossing Way, Reunion, Florida.

Present and constituting a quorum were:

Carlton Grant	Chairman
Mark Greenstein	Vice Chairman
Steven Goldstein	Assistant Treasurer
John Dryburgh	Assistant Secretary
Don Harding	Assistant Secretary

Also present were:

George Flint	District Manager
Andrew d'Adesky	District Counsel
Steve Boyd	District Engineer
Alan Scheerer	Field Manager
Reunion West CDD Board	

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS

Roll Call

Mr. Flint called the meeting to order, and roll call was taken.

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS

Public Comment Period

There not being any, the next item as followed.

THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS

Approval of the Minutes of the January 12, 2017 Meeting

Mr. Flint: These are included in your agenda packet. If there are any deletions, additions, or corrections we can address those at this time.

Mr. Harding: On the first page, Mr. Harding made a statement in regards to the weird wording. On page 3 of 13 I think it should say, "Some of the signs are just a board with a post and these kinds of signs I think are very unprofessional and do not look good." That is all I had.

On MOTION by Mr. Harding, seconded by Mr. Goldstein, with all in favor, the minutes of the January 12, 2017 meeting were approved as amended.

FOURTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Discussion of Proposed Signage Policy

Mr. Flint: Mr. Harding worked with Mr. d'Adesky between the last meeting and today on this policy. You have seen a version of it previously. I will let Andrew present it to you.

Mr. d'Adesky: As George said, this is based on what you saw before but with Mr. Harding's proposed edits. Obviously I added some legal language. This is as far as we could go as a government, and this kind of pushes the boundaries of what we are allowed to do. Any further would be more appropriate for the HOA. Based on informal conversations with the HOA it seems like they are open to enacting or looking at some sort of standards for HOA property. That might be a productive conversation to have in the HOA context. This is the best we are going to get gentlemen.

Mr. Harding: I'm going to talk to David Burman with regards to it.

On MOTION by Mr. Harding, seconded by Mr. Greenstein, with all in favor, the Signage Policy was approved.

FIFTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Discussion of Re-Purposing of Horse Stables

Mr. Flint: Mr. Harding, myself, and Alan met with three representatives of the architectural firm that originally designed the horse stables. Butler Moore Architects, Guy Butler is the principal of that firm, designed the stables, this building, and the buildings associated with the community pools. They do a lot of work for Disney also. I was surprised to see Guy Butler actually here because he is semi-retired. He has a personal interest in that project because he was involved in the design of that. He brought an award that they won for that building when it was originally built. We walked around the building and went through it. We were talking about different options that building could be used for. He suggested that they would go back and try to come up with a design concept. He suggested sending out a survey to the community with some options. One of the things he brought up was the example in Winter Garden, there is a craft brewery called Crooked Can and they designed that building. The

building is a combination of a microbrewery, where they actually make beer, small restaurant/bar and a small market. He was suggesting something like that might work. We've got tax issues though. If that thing is used for a private purpose we have to deal with that issue. I think we ought to probably do what he is suggesting. We should do some type of survey and see what the community might want to see. Then we can figure out if it is something that is achievable.

Mr. Harding: He is going to come back with something specific though, right? Did he already do that?

Mr. Flint: Yes, it is in the agenda. Initially he thought they could get some more parking between the building and the Polk County Line Road. After looking at the site plan he does not think that is achievable. He does think that they could get 24 additional parking spaces in there. I believe there are 11 parking spaces there now. Whether that is adequate or not I do not know. They did think they could get some additional spots.

Mr. Harding: He did not think parking would be an issue at all.

Mr. Flint: He doesn't think after looking at the site plan that we can get additional spaces between the building and the road. He does think we can pick up another 24 parking spaces. He provided some possible options that people could rank 1,2,3. He suggested a craft brewery, a restaurant, an artisan farmer's market, a spa, a fitness center, a high-end mini-market, a coffee shop, or an event room with a kitchen for parties.

Mr. Dryburgh: We also discussed an art room because there are people who live here who are interested in art. There is no place they can go except downtown Orlando.

Mr. Flint: We do not have to go with what he suggested if there are other items we want.

Mr. Dryburgh: Was he discussing using an electronic survey where we could send it out to all the people who own property here?

Mr. Flint: We were going to go through the POA. The CDD is not set up to do that. I would think through the POA we could get something set up.

Mr. Harding: Does it make sense to go through with the survey before we understand the tax issue?

Mr. d'Adesky: Jan and I are extremely concerned about this. We cannot underestimate how expensive it is to try to deal with the conversion of public use bond funds, used to build that building, into a private use. We are trying to craft a carefully worded management contract that will fall into the IRS safe harbor for dealing with certain limited private uses. The Bond

Counsel is extremely expensive. It would be significant, in terms of research, to try to deal with converting it into fully private use.

Mr. Dryburgh: What do you mean when you say converting it into a fully private use? Is that for any purpose?

Mr. d'Adesky: For example, Starbucks.

Mr. Dryburgh: Let's assume that no money is being transferred to anyone. It's a nonprofit. As soon as you bring in money, that's a problem? If were using for the benefit of the community, it's not a problem?

Mr. d'Adesky: Exactly, you got it right on the head. That's the issue. That's also my concern with sending out a survey. You might see people looking at a Starbucks and saying that's wonderful.

Mr. Dryburgh: What we need to do is tailor it down to the things that don't involve money transferring.

Mr. d'Adesky: Our recommendation would be to start with those ideas because those would be the easiest to implement and manage. That would be the best to start with.

Mr. Goldstein: Those other things are going to happen here anyway. We are a closed community, no one is going to sink a million dollars here.

Mr. d'Adesky: No, the roads are still public. You can get by the gate. That's the issue we don't like to put on the record. It's factual. Technically, if there was a market there someone could come in and go to the market.

Mr. Flint: We did talk about the entrance being on this side of the gate. There are options to address that issue to make it more accessible. You do have the tax issue. The thing has been sitting there unused for several years; I don't know that we want to tie our hands on that issue. We had a tax analysis done when we leased out this facility. Three quarters of this facility was leased out and that lease is coming up.

Mr. d'Adesky: My recommendation for that would be to find a public use as well. Once again that makes it easier. We don't have to go back and crunch the numbers and see whether we can permit it. I'm not saying private use would not be possible. We could probably figure something out, we are pretty creative. It just makes our job easier and reduces the cost on you.

Mr. Flint: If we did something like some of these that look like private uses could be public.

Mr. d'Adesky: Right.

Mr. Flint: Like the farmer's market, depending on who is running it if it is running as a CDD program.

Mr. Dryburgh: How does that differ from this building itself where you have someone putting on a Pilates class? Let's say Carlton's organization is paying money to this woman to come in. They are collecting fees for that process. Is that not also money transferring?

Mr. Flint: No, it's a service to the residents.

Mr. Dryburgh: Which brings us back to this particular property. As long as it is a service to the residents, the money can still transfer, it just has to be done in a different fashion.

Mr. d'Adesky: You would have to find out what the public benefit is. If you are able to say there is a benefit to the residents and not just the benefit of having coffee nearby, it would have to be a service or activity.

Mr. Dryburgh: I'm just trying to understand.

Mr. d'Adesky: As you know, it is very complicated. If we violate this we could be in deep trouble.

Mr. Dryburgh: You could have a workout facility here, right?

Mr. d'Adesky: Yes.

Mr. Harding: What about the Resort's interest in having it as something like a Seven Eagles? Where you guys would benefit from that. The Resort would also benefit.

Mr. Grant: I'm just wrestling with the cost of converting it into anything functional and the return. It looks like a money pit to me. Somebody is going to put a bunch of money in and get no return on it. I'm not in that business.

Mr. Harding: I understand that.

Mr. Grant: The location has some inherent issues just from a proximity standpoint. The transportation and parking is an issue. The 24 parking spaces don't serve a wedding. The space would not serve a 100 person wedding the way it is now. Again, brainstorming some public uses that would benefit the community is a great idea.

Mr. Harding: Andrew, what are some of the items you would include in the survey?

Mr. d'Adesky: If I was editing this myself, I would cross out the second sentence and the second paragraph because that information does not need to go out and it is not necessarily accurate. The ones that I see on here that are definitely okay are the fitness center, the event room, maybe the farmer's market, and maybe the spa depending on how you run it. The ones that are definitely out, or are definitely private and more difficult, are the craft brewery, the

restaurant, the mini market, and the Starbucks. The farmer's market is a maybe because if it was a resident thing then we could do it. We could open up the space for people to come and do something. We may be able to justify that.

Mr. Dryburgh: Would it generate enough revenue to make it worthwhile?

Mr. d'Adesky: With the farmer's market idea, if it was an event space that could be something that occurs in there as an event versus it as a dedicated farmer's market.

Mr. Greenstein: When we brought this up at an earlier meeting I had thrown out the suggestion about an arts and crafts studio. It's kind of making it an extension of this facility. It is across the street. It still has to be community centric. Whether or not we utilize the resort under an MSA arrangement because somehow we've come up with an amenity that makes sense or we contract out certain aspects of it to manage it. It has to be a community centric thing. To me it is an extension of this building and we know we are going to be looking at the use of this building with the expiration of the lease next door. The whole thing should tie together as one entity and come up with a repurposing for these two facilities.

Mr. d'Adesky: Correct, and I think it's good to have these conversations because it is a similar conversation. It is the same sort of public use.

Mr. Dryburgh: You're going to send the survey as well?

Mr. Greenstein: Sure.

Mr. Flint: Does the Board want some time to look at these options that are listed here? We struck off four that are listed and we are adding the art room. Is there is anything else the Board would want to add, or do you want a little time to think about that? Then we send it out after you've had time to think about it?

Mr. Harding: I think we ought to send it out now with those changes. We should do what Andrew says, eliminate the sentence in the second paragraph and change those to what we want to have on there and send it out.

Mr. Goldstein: Let's get some feedback; we're not spending any money to send it out.

Mr. Harding: We send it out through Aegis and David Burman.

Mr. Flint: We will do that and have some survey results for the next meeting.

SIXTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Discussion of Resident use of the Heritage Crossing Community Center

Mr. Flint: I believe Mr. Harding had sent an email asking about what the options were for residents to use this facility. My response back was that currently we don't have any amenity policies or rules, rates, set up for use of this facility by residents. We are allowing the yoga people to use the facility. We don't have a policy to rent this out. If someone wanted to have a wedding reception or a reunion or anniversary dinner, we don't really have a policy or fees set up to do that. We don't have any administrative procedures in place to reserve it. In other communities where we are set up we do the onsite amenity management, we have that in place. Here we have never done that. The resort does that. If there is a desire to reserve, you would have to define what the uses would be. Then you would have to decide if you would charge a fee for that and if you are what the fee would be. We would have to go through a rate hearing to set the fees. I don't know if the Board has thoughts on this issue and whether it might be premature today because we only have one quarter of this facility to do that.

Mr. Harding: How do we allow the yoga people to be in here?

Mr. Flint: We are just informally allowing that to happen.

Mr. d'Adesky: You can grant them permission to use that.

Mr. Flint: It's a service for the residents, we aren't charging a fee for that. But if you want to actively allow this to be used then we are going to need to start having a process for reserving the room. We may require a deposit, and we may have pre and post inspections.

Mr. Dryburgh: I'm assuming you have to have insurance that is different than what you currently have?

Mr. Flint: No we have insurance in place.

Mr. Harding: We have a situation George, when Encore leaves for sure this whole facility is going to be open. We have to come up with something. The Resort does not want to be involved again as far as managing it.

Mr. Grant: May or may not, the Resort's position on it is on a short term basis like 3 months, 6 months, 12 months. It does not make sense because it takes us 12 months to book business. On a longer-term basis we may be interested. I could see the stables being turned into a very unique and very exciting event venue served out of this facility. I could see this as a banquet facility as well as a facility used by our growing Reunion Community. Again, the Resort would be interested under the right circumstances. A quarter of the ballroom as it sits today is not the right circumstances. When we are booking business 12 to 24 months out I need some guarantees that it will be here when we book business 24 months from now.

Mr. Chiste: We'll restore this back to the original state whenever you want us to. We're just not doing it now because there is no reason to because there is an existing lease on there. If it is something you guys want to start moving towards so you can start doing something different with it just let us know. We already have the bid out. We don't really need the space anymore.

Mr. Dryburgh: At the same time, we have to make a pretty clear determination if we will be benefiting the residents here. Once you start saying you are booking it out for the next 2 or 3 years through Carlton you're not going to be benefitting the residents. You're generating revenue but you're not giving services that are currently not available to those who live here.

Mr. d'Adesky: The same analysis applies back to the horse stable comments. Even if it was going to be used in that way, we would have to say what is the benefit to the residents plus the community. In our other Districts we do have places used as banquet facilities for weddings. Our other CDD has the most booked wedding venue in Polk County or something like that. It is very popular and generates revenue for the District to use to offer programming and invest in other elements of the community. It can be a lucrative aspect and has to be tied into the public benefit and to the community as a whole.

Mr. Dryburgh: Well it has to benefit the CDD as well. You're going to have people coming to stay at the hotel and you have revenue coming in the restaurants. So it's all benefiting Carlton's group for that.

Mr. d'Adesky: That's exactly what I meant. If we were to collect a fee for the use of this facility, it would have to go back towards programming or be invested somehow in the public benefit. That could go towards offering a class for free or something like that, as long as it is public benefit.

Mr. Goldstein: Carlton, I'm just throwing this out because I know you're kind of thinking about this building. What when you're not booking banquets or conventions, during that time we do art class or yoga in there. Now we show a benefit of it being used. Maybe you could even do something for the residents. You could book it for private parties. We aren't going to charge a fee for residents to use the facility but you can charge a fee for doing the catering on it and make money that way. I know it is not just you making that decision.

Mr. Grant: No and today is not the day to have that discussion. I think the main thing is that the resorts interest will be evaluated down the road at some point in the coming months based upon the planned expiration of the lease and the availability of this facility and tying it

into the stables. We are going to do the survey and ask property owners what they want to see this building operate as. Going back to the early days when the residents were not involved in this decision, the developer decided it was for the community good to create this facility and created the stables. We are justifying everything and coming up with a new business plan for the next 5 or 10 years to move forward. I think we can do that in the coming months. Short term, let me bring this up: yoga is very popular. Regardless of who sanctions it and how it got started. I think most of the folks who attend are probably residents but I'm sure there are some guests of the resort that come because they are invited by the residents. This room is too small. On the other side of this wall is basically the same room as this. It just doubles the space. It's part of the space that Encore is leasing. I would like to propose that we go back to Encore and ask them if they can relinquish that space for yoga. We can then enter into a discussion of need adjustments for the lease arrangements for the remainder of the lease.

Mr. d'Adesky: We could do that, it is feasible. But, if we are going back and reducing the amount of space used by Encore that is going to go with a corresponding adjustment in their existing lease. They would be paying less money than what they are currently paying for that space.

Mr. Grant: John, did you hear that?

Mr. Chiste: Yeah, to be honest, we are either in or out. We do not want to take on the responsibility if you someone were to get hurt from an insurance stand point and they come to us because were the tenant.

Mr. Flint: Well I think what we are suggesting is to amend the lease to reduce the space.

Mr. Dryburgh: I think we need to know how much money we are bringing in with this.

Mr. Goldstein: Well I think, according to Bev, the resort is going to be discussing this week how you guys are going to proceed with the yoga.

Mr. Dryburgh: How do we know the people who are coming? Are they guests of your hotel or are they just people from outside?

Mr. Grant: I don't think it is a single guest at the Resort. I think it is the members and their friends. I don't believe a single Resort guest is participating. I believe it has become popular with the members and they are inviting their friends from other communities or their friends within the Reunion. That is wonderful to see but it is outgrowing the space. Indoor and air conditioned space in Florida is valuable. Again, yoga is also done on the beach,

paddleboards and outdoors. I could do it on the event lawn too but no one wants to use the lawn, they want the air-conditioned ballroom.

Mr. Greenstein: We use the area around the cove. The overhang and the pool deck but there was pushback. Why don't we just agree that between now and the next meeting we can investigate the yoga dilemma and see what it is all about as far as the demand, need, and management of it. Then we can determine if there is a need for expansion of that space.

Mr. d'Adesky: We will look at the cost of the lease.

Mr. Flint: It's about \$2,800 a month.

Mr. Dryburgh: We could charge the people who come and bring their friends. Each friend would pay something per visit just like we do the water parks.

Mr. Goldstein: They already do charge. They charge \$10 a guest.

Mr. Greenstein: The instructor is charging that. The arrangement is going to change and the building use is going to change. On a temporary basis, we can just address this need and deal with it on short-term basis. Whatever the long-term arrangement is going to be for this building, that event will fold into that.

Mr. Grant: They are two separate issues. If the club is sponsoring the yoga class somehow that is a club issue separate from the CDD Board. The use of this space is a CDD Board issue.

Mr. Greenstein: They should have come to the meeting it would have been a little easier to deal with.

Mr. Grant: As a club issue, I can take my CDD hat off and we can talk about yoga. We will talk with George about what we do with this space.

SEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Staff Reports

A. Attorney

Mr. d'Adesky: You've already heard what we have been working on. We have no updates. We have no updates on the settlement negotiations between the Trustee and LRA. We assume they are going to proceed. The trustees are going to send something to LRA soon. That was the last status. We are waiting on that, so we are not going to take any action in that regard. That is all I have.

B. Engineer

Mr. Boyd: I don't have anything other than Scott Leftwich is underway on the signal design. I don't have anything from him yet. He is currently evaluating those existing foundations to see if they can be reused. I am pressing him to have something by the end of the month.

Mr. Greenstein: Were we able to find out anything about what is going on down the street?

Mr. Boyd: No sir, not yet. I'm working on it.

Mr. Greenstein: I would hope that since they permitted to the County they would have some schedule of when they are doing things. They're down the road and we can compare what they are going through. They are starting from scratch down there.

C. District Manager's Report

i. Action Items List

Mr. Flint: Regarding the irrigation turnover that is in LRA's court as far as the CUP renewals. We are just keeping it on here to monitor it. Signalization Steve has already addressed. We discussed the horse stables and the signage policy. The proposals for the spa at Heritage Crossing A, has got two proposals so far. They are both similar dollar amounts, mid to upper \$70,000's.

Mr. Scheerer: If the Board may recall, last month I reported that the original designer of the Heritage Crossing pools both of them and declined the bid on the spa. We are waiting on a second quote and still looking for quotes. The original quote we received from All Season Pools for a ten-person spa, the exact same spa design as in the Heritage Crossing Pool B, their estimate was \$79,700. I received a recommendation to get with Blue Escapes Pools and Spas. They recently sent me a quote for \$73,800.

Mr. Dryburgh: Is there any way that they are so busy they don't want the business? That's why they are throwing these high numbers up.

Mr. Scheerer: No, especially with All Seasons. They are doing a lot of work through here. They are over on the west side doing a bunch of work. The Blue Escape gentleman that I spoke to was very enthusiastic. The only one that I think did not want the work was Davenport Post.

Mr. Dryburgh: But it seems excessively expensive.

Mr. Scheerer: Yes, it seems extremely expensive which is why we are continuing to try to find someone willing to bid this.

Mr. Flint: The fact that the numbers are close means they are not outliers.

Mr. Dryburgh: That's why I'm wondering. If both companies are being kind and responding but throwing the price out really high, they don't really want that business. Is that not the case?

Mr. Scheerer: That's just my opinion. This gentleman would like to come in and do work for the District as well. He does repairs and things like that. Like I said, my first company that I would've chose to do the work would have been Davenport Post. They have the familiarity with what is in the ground already. He just said they are too busy and they had to decline the bid respectfully. There are some other people out there that I contacted and we will continue to bring back numbers. If I get a consistent \$70,000 range on this hot tub then the decision will be up to the Board. This is just for your information. One thing not on the agenda but we need to have a little discussion about is streetlights. For the Board Members that are new, the CDD does not own, but have lease agreements for all the streetlights at Reunion. We have them and the resort has them.

Mr. Dryburgh: Do we have a map that shows what the CDD is responsible for?

Mr. Scheerer: No, but that is very easy for me to put together if you would like. Just so you know, we do come through here every two weeks. We go through everywhere except the Grande because we come in at 4:30 in the morning to try to get everything done. It takes two hours to do the whole community. We mark them all, log them all, and then to report it you don't want to know what we have to go through with Duke Energy. It is absolutely out of control the way they report their lights now. One of the stipulations for repairing the light, if you have vehicles parked within the vicinity of that streetlight they will not repair that light. So basically you need about three parking spaces. Sometimes we place cones and try to block that area. At the Grande it has to be totally crazy to get people in there to fix the lights. Duke Energy has told me if they do not have free unobstructed access they will not even make an attempt.

Mr. Harding: It's like the members parking lot as well.

Mr. Dryburgh: So they don't come in?

Mr. Scheerer: They'll come in. I reported 25 of the lights out and Duke Energy said they wouldn't make those repairs if there is a vehicle anywhere in the proximity of the light. With the new reporting method, it is all done by map. If you punch in 123 Radian and you find the

light pole and you reported it the previous month. When you got to try to report it again, it doesn't let you do that. It says, "We are aware that it has been reported and it is on our schedule to be repaired." There are different icons for each light with Duke Energy whereas with OUC it is a very simple process. When I see, it I email Don, he brings the guys out and they fix all the OUC lights. They are basically Reunion Boulevard to the traffic circle, the traffic circle all the way to Sinclair Road, all Sinclair Road and Excitement Drive all the way to 545 Old Lake Wilson Road. All the interior roads are Duke Energy.

Mr. Dryburgh: So basically you are the reporting agency and they are the fixing agency.

Mr. Scheerer: We have a lease so we are obligated to keep the lights exposed. We report the lights out, but the repairs are done by them, not us. When I go to the drop down boxes, I have a photo cell cover hanging off a light fixture, busted globe, light going on and off, that is what we report. Whether or not they get here after we report it we don't know. Usually they are pretty good and are here within 5 to 7 business days. In some cases I have lights out for a couple of months.

Mr. Dryburgh: Do they call you and tell you when they are going to be there?

Mr. Scheerer: No. They do not call. They'll call me if there is a problem. If they can't get into Carriage Point they will call. Even if I put on there, pull up to the gate and the gate will open. You would think they would know that. They call me and I have to let them know. I've got an email box that is dedicated to streetlights. I send it in and I get an acknowledgement within a couple hours that they have received it. When it is repaired they send me an email acknowledgement that this ticket has been completed. We were talking about Seven Eagles, there were two or three lights. There are two in the back as you come in Seven Eagles to the right on the overflow side. Each one of those have vehicles parked underneath them all the time so the lights have not been repaired. I tried to get with Gerald to mark it but that doesn't keep the residents from pulling the cone out because they want to park in front of their condo unit. Duke Energy has made the process way more complicated than it needs to be. Sometimes the address doesn't match up when you press the button. There are lights in these parks that are not part of the street light lease. If you go into the Villas at Cabana Court they have a pool and light fixtures that look similar to light poles but those are not ours. They are owned by the Condo Association. So those lights need to be repaired by that association.

Mr. Greenstein: In your spare time, could we come up with a map?

Mr. Scheerer: I would be more than happy to do that.

Mr. Dryburgh: Does the CDD own and manage all seven pools here?

Mr. Harding: No.

Mr. Scheerer: No, we have Homestead, Terrace Point, Heritage A and B, and Seven Eagles. We don't do any of the condos, they are all private.

Mr. Harding: That is all spilled out in the entity document.

ii. Approval of the Check Register

Mr. Flint: You have the check register for the month of January for the General Fund, Renewal and Replacement Maintenance Fund, and Payroll totaling in the amount of \$1,461,007.79. If there are any questions we can discuss it. A lot of that is transfer to the Debt Service Fund.

On MOTION by Mr. Greenstein, seconded by Mr. Harding, with all in favor, the Check Register in the amount of \$1,461,007.79 was approved.

iii. Balance Sheet and Income Statement

Mr. Greenstein: The only question I had, and hopefully this is a five second answer, the emergency phones. What's the billing cycle for emergency phones?

Mr. Scheerer: We bill them annually.

Mr. Greenstein: That's what I thought when I looked at the prices, thank you.

iv. Status of Direct Bill Assessment

Mr. Flint: the financial statements through December 31st are in the agenda. If you have questions, we can discuss it.

Mr. Flint: I think the direct bills are up to date through February 1st. We will follow up on that.

Mr. Greenstein: I'm assuming February is in process.

EIGHTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Other Business

Mr. Harding: Let's make the Heritage Crossing issue an Action Item. The other thing, what do we pay for the landscaping on the center of 532, the median? Maybe down the road it

would be beneficial for us, as a CDD, to only pay for a portion of that. Maybe the portion in front of the resort versus the entire center median especially where all the new apartments are being built. I'm not sure why Reunion CDD should be paying for that entire thing. Maybe we could get some participation from the other communities. It would be nice to understand what that cost is. Maybe there is some money we could save there. We talked about adding a sign coming up 532 where you turn in. Some sort of sign indicating Reunion.

Mr. Dryburgh: Something to reduce the chance that someone will go up to the wrong entrance and the gate is locked. Then they wait until they can budge their way in.

Mr. Harding: Exactly.

Mr. Greenstein: If the sign goes on CDD property then it is a CDD issue. It is almost more of a Master Association issue. Is it a State road or a County road?

Mr. Flint: County road.

Mr. d'Adesky: You probably need a right of way permit from the County.

Mr. Goldstein: At the Neighborhood Watch the other night a lot of this came up. Everybody is really upset about the Excitement, Lake Wilson Road gate. It's now causing almost accidents. I almost got in a fight last week and I had to call security. A guy was in front of me and security came and almost handcuffed the guy because he was so belligerent. It's got to be a real issue. The owners feel like one of the biggest problems is they want a manned gate in there and what the cost will be. I talked to Alan and the HOA is willing to consider increasing our assessments to cover the cost of manning that gate. We all talk about how expensive it is going to be and it can't be done. But it can be done. Question is, what would it cost and what would it take to get it done? We ought to at least research that so that we can give the homeowners something so they know it either cannot be done at all or this is what it would cost.

Mr. Flint: Labor costs are pretty easy to calculate. It's \$16 per hour times 24 hours per day times 365 days a year. You're going to need to charge your Engineer with looking to see if physically a guardhouse can be constructed there. That's the main issues. The County is going to require you to have a bathroom in the guardhouse and electricity.

Mr. Goldstein: I think we should at least explore it if it's not going to cost us a fortune to do. We should at least be able to go back to the homeowners and say this can be done and this is what it is going to cost us. They talk like they would not mind paying for it.

Mr. Flint: Without doing an engineering analysis we came to the conclusion that it was not feasible. However, we are not engineers. If you want an official opinion we can do that.

Mr. Boyd: We can do that fairly quickly. It's just a matter of getting my CAD guys to draw the gatehouse. There are affordable ways to run sewer to that. We can look at that if you would like us to.

Mr. Harding: Again, we have a number of property owners very concerned. We told them it may cost them and they want to know how much because they may be able to pay.

Mr. Goldstein: The other thing is we are saying it is going to cost so much to man it, but right now we are paying for guys to sit in their cars. So we're already paying for it.

Mr. Greenstein: There are security cameras where they can monitor the activity at the "CVS gate" at the main guardhouse, but it is standalone. We've got people on both sides of the aisle. I got emails from people saying that between a combination of things that the Master has done and other measures that they're okay. We do need to surface it and revisit what we looked at in the past. We can come up with some numbers and throw it out because we will be responsible for dealing with the facility. The ongoing maintenance will be the Master Association's cost.

Mr. Flint: I'll add it to the action items list.

NINTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Supervisor's Request

Mr. Goldstein: Right now, signage on that gate is terrible. They could put a big sign up, even possibly one that could be lit, that says this is a resident only entrance with directions they can see before they get to the box that doesn't work. Why we have a speaker and touch-tone box that doesn't work so the people sit there for 5 minutes.

Mr. Scheerer: I believe the Master Association installed that box. They use to call the guard and they would let them in. I would take it down but it's not ours.

Mr. Goldstein: It needs to be covered or something to move people through there quicker.

Mr. Greenstein: We will revisit that and get the costs for a facility.

TENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Next Meeting Date

Mr. Greenstein: If possible, I would like to move the March meeting forward one week. I would like to move it from March 9th to March 16th.

Mr. d'Adesky: We will have to re-notice the meeting but we can get that done.

ELEVENTH ORDER OF BUSINESS

Adjournment

There being no further business,

On MOTION by Mr. Harding, seconded by Mr. Greenstein, with all in favor, the meeting was adjourned at 2:58 p.m.



Secretary/Assistant Secretary



Chairman/Vice Chairman